Part Time Computer Skills Instructor
The instructor will be earning or have a degree in education, special education, computer science or related computer education, teaching experience, experience using MS Office, ability and desire to learn and teach Assistive Technology. Must have computer knowledge and experience. Be familiar with standard computer concepts, practices, and procedures that are appropriate for an office. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Individual must have empathy and ability to work with persons with varying disabilities. The instructor should have the ability and flexibility to adapt to working well with persons having a wide range of cognitive and learning abilities. Friendly, able to work as a team member, and independently.
- Prepare lesson plans and instruct adults in computer skills to meet their individual needs
- Learn and teach assistive technologies (software and hardware) as appropriate for each student
- Ability to evaluate the best assistive technology necessary to enhance present skills and learning style to be independent on the computer.
- Ability to evaluate and utilize technology that will enhance reading, writing, and spelling capabilities while using the computer.
- Evaluate and monitor students' performance
- Work with individuals on goal setting and objectives for developing their field of interest and skills
- Clearly communicate student progress with Program Director and Staff
- Prepare tests/projects for students to demonstrate their abilities based on their skill level
- Accountable for reviewing students' classwork and projects, check for accuracy and assist in defining strength and weakness' and set goals for weak areas.
- Keep daily records on each student and prepare reports to involve 3rd party agencies.
- Share training results with staff that is clear and accurate that defines student capabilities.
- How many years of computer training experience do you have?
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
- How many years of teaching experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you able to work in Wheaton, IL?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Please email your resume and answers to the questions above to [email protected] Thank you!