Personalized Program and Services Designed Around Veteran’s Needs
Customized Instruction for Basic to Advanced Computer Skills
Training is built around each veteran’s needs and goals.
Individualized Training In-Person or Online
Donka offers in-person training in our computer labs located in Wheaton and Naperville. Each site is wheelchair accessible with current computers, laptops, tablets, iPads, and assistive technology to meet accessibility needs of all veterans.
Online training is offered for veterans with transportation barriers.
Job Readiness Skills Training
Donka’s Job Placement Specialist will help candidates develop communication skills, solve disability concerns, and participate in vocational counseling.
Job Placement Services
Donka partners with various employers and programs to help candidates obtain employment and offers ongoing support to both employees and employers.
Referrals to community partners for supportive services
Funding for this project was provided by the Veterans Cash Scratch-off Lottery Grant from the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs.
Training based on each student’s goals
Our student-driven computer training is intensive and individualized. We focus our instruction on commonly used business applications, training and skills involving:
- Microsoft Office; students can learn skills for Microsoft Office Certification
- Word Processing
- Spreadsheet and data entry
- Classes on how to use touch-technology that is used on iPads and other tablets
- On-site employer software reviews to ensure student access
- Portable on-the-job software
The focus of our training is on using Microsoft products, such as Word, Excel, and Access in conjunction with any required needed assistive technology. Students learn while working either one-on-one or two-on-two through realistic business scenarios including working on deadline-driven assignments that teach accountability to students.
Instruction designed around student’s needs
We use an easy-to-follow textbook with CD-ROM tutorials for review. Aside from following textbook instruction, students learn independent skills such as creating a budget, data entry, how to send, receive and access email, and how to use the internet for research.
After completing the Donka training program, students will be able to:
- Operate and manage computer equipment and assistive devices
- Use Windows to run programs, manage files, toggle between programs, and get help
- Write letters, create reports, copy and delete files, produce form letters, mail merge lists and labels
- Create a database, add data, search for information, create forms, create labels and merge mail lists
- Demonstrate an understanding of spreadsheets, set up a variety of spreadsheets utilizing functions of the program
- Use a web browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) to conduct research in specific areas of interest
- Use Microsoft Outlook to send and receive e-mail
Job Readiness Training and Job Placement Services
Our job placement specialist evaluates candidates to identify their skills and capabilites. The candidate will define their job search, identify employment interest, enhance interviewing skills, and identify any transportation or ADA issues. Through close collaboration, we help each candidate to:
- Develop a resume, cover letter, and receive counseling relevant to marketing and presenting oneself to potential employers
- Learn interviewing techniques and soft skills, apply for jobs online using job search sites and complete online applications
- Prepare for a successful entry into the workforce
- Receive ongoing job support and follow-up services as needed. This is for both the candidate and new employer.
Connect with us!
400 N. County Farm Rd.
Wheaton, IL 60187
Email: [email protected]
Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday – Closed
Sunday – Closed
Donka, Inc. is approved to operate by the Private Business and Vocational Schools Division of the Illinois Board of Higher Education.
Donka, Inc. is not accredited by a US Department of Education recognized accrediting body.
www.ibhe.org | Complaints: www.complaints.ibhe.org
The subscribe button is for subscribing to the Donka Newsletter
Site by: Paul Gregory Media